This week’s Guests on the show include:
– Cody Garbrandt starts at: [2:39]
– Stipe Miocic starts at: [31:51]
– Demetrious Johnson starts at: [46:39]
– UFC Zagreb discussion starts at: [1:01:07]
– Frank Mir failed test discussion starts at: [1:18:26]
– Tate vs Nunes discussion starts at: [1:24:37]
– UFC 200 card reaction starts at: [1:30:49]
– Demetrious Johnson returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Henry Cejudo at UFC 197, the test of facing an Olympian and how Cejudo compares to his past opponents, if he feels the pressures that Georges St Pierre and Anderson Silva felt when they were longtime champions, his thoughts on Daniel Cormier withdrawing from his title fight against Jon Jones, Jones taking the short notice fight against Ovince Saint Preux, if he had any reservations about potentially headlining the card, his thoughts on taking fights short-notice, Nate Diaz’s comments about money in MMA and the title being a “fairytale”, The Ultimate Fighter 24, his potential next fight already being booked in December and how he feels about the timeframe, and more.
– Stipe Miocic returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Fabricio Werdum at UFC 198, why he isn’t afraid to take the fight to the ground, Werdum’s “Happy Face” and if he noticed anything during their staredowns, Werdum’s career and his wins over legends in the sport, what kind of advantages Stipe feels he has on the feet, fighting in enemy territory in Brazil, his interactions with Anderson Silva during the press tour, Junior Dos Santos’ victory over Ben Rothwell, if he sees a rematch against Dos Santos in the near future, and more.
– Cody Garbrandt returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Thomas Almeida at UFC Fight Night: Almeida vs. Garbrandt. “No Love” explains why he’s unfazed by the Brazilian’s record and how he plans to beat him, why this fight won’t go all 5 rounds, who the tougher match up is between Almeida and John Lineker, Aljamain Sterling facing Bryan Caraway and if he feels he needs to have the more impressive performance to claim the next title shot, Justin Buccholz as the new Head coach at Team Alpha Male, TJ Dillashaw’s comments about Garbrandt wanting to originally be a part of Team Elevation, Urijah Faber taking on Dominick Cruz for the UFC title and if a win still means retirement for The California Kid, and lots more.
– Also on the show is discussion on UFC Fight Night: Rothwell vs dos Santos, Frank Mir’s failed drug test, Miesha Tate vs Amanda Nunes and the reaction to the UFC 200 card.