This week hosts Kacper Rosolowski and Denis Shkuratov have on the show:
– Urijah Faber returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Dominick Cruz at UFC 199, the recent media tour they were on and the trash talk that took place backstage and off-camera, what this rivalry and the title mean for his legacy, how devastating a loss would be for his career, Cruz calling him “un-coachable”, his biggest weapons compared to Cruz’s footwork, his advantages over Cruz now that USADA have stepped in, retirement rumors, wanting to fight Conor McGregor next, Joseph Benavidez leaving Team Alpha Male and what kind of terms they left on, and more.
– Cris Cyborg returns to Submission Radio to discuss her fight against Leslie Smith at UFC 198, if she’s disappointed that she’s not facing Holly Holm, Miesha Tate or Ronda Rousey as her UFC debut, people counting Leslie out and what makes her dangerous, the sparring sessions that the two shared and she envisions a quick knockout, the feeling of finally being in the UFC, whether she’ll still fight in Invicta and defend her featherweight belt, what she plans to achieve during her UFC run considering there won’t be a belt for her to hold, thoughts on Miesha as the champion, if she’s disappointed that Holm beat Rousey and derailed their superfight, her weight and difficulties in making 140 lbs, Brian Stann’s comments on her potentially making 135 if there were guaranteed big match ups, her upcoming nutrition book, and more.
– Jon Fitch returns to Submission Radio to talk about his recent WSOF 30 win and becoming the WSOF welterweight champion, moving his training camp from AKA and what the transition has been like for him, his thoughts on AKA’s training methods and string of injuries for fighters such as Khabib Nurmagomedov and Cain Velasquez, Daniel Cormier being forced out of his UFC 197 title fight against Jon Jones, the Ali Act and it’s progress of being implemented in MMA, how it would affect things such as rankings, matchmaking, pay structure and backroom bonuses, if it would stop fighters from fighting the best competition and having big-money fights, the recent developments with the Fighter’s Association, the anticipated fight between him and Jake Shields, and more.
– Also on the show is discussion on Lyoto Machida failing his drug test and USADA pulling him from his UFC on Fox 19 bout against Dan Henderson, as well as a breakdown of UFC Tampa and fights such as Glover Teixeira vs Rashad Evans, Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Darrel Horcher, Rose Namajunas vs Tecia Torres, Cub Swanson vs Hacran Dias, and more.
– twitter.com/SubmissionAus ,
– facebook.com/SubmissionRadioAus ,
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.