This week hosts Kacper Rosolowski and Denis Shkuratov have on the show:
– Johny Hendricks starts at: [4:07]
– Al Iaquinta starts at: [33:28]
– Tito Ortiz starts at: [58:09]
– Stephen Thompson starts at: [1:23:10]
– Tyron Woodley Racism discussion starts at: [1:45:03]
– Karim Zidan starts at: [2:13:41]
– Tito/Sonnen discussion starts at: [2:14:22]
– Fedor, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Donald Trump UFC Russia chat starts at: [2:21:34]
– Tito Ortiz returns to Submission Radio to discuss his win over Chael Sonnen at Bellator 170, what it feels like to finally be retired, the accusations of the fight being fixed, the injury he suffered from Sonnen’s choke attempts, why he held the choke on too long, the text he got from Dana White and the relationship they’ve had throughout his career, the momentum he now has and if he would ever return or fight again, what’s next for his career, and more!
– Stephen Wonderboy Thompson returns to Submission Radio to talk about his upcoming UFC welterweight title rematch against Tyron Woodley at UFC 209: Woodley vs. Thompson, what it was like playing charades with Woodley and what other games he feels he could beat him in, the UFC originally offering the title fight to Nick Diaz, Tyron not feeling the need for an immediate rematch and calling Stephen “entitled”, the racism that Tyron has felt and if Thompson felt like the promotion leading into UFC 205 was disproportionate or biased, Why Wonderboy doesn’t want Woodley to get too distracted by his battle against racism, what Thompson’s been doing differently in preparation for this fight and why he’ll be more explosive, how he visualises himself getting the win, the Power Rangers movie, and more!
– Johny Hendricks returns to Submission Radio and speaks for the first time since UFC 207. Big Rigg talks about his upcoming fight against Hector Lombard at UFC 210, his move to middleweight, what went wrong with his last weight cut and why he didn’t move up earlier, the UFC’s reaction to the failed weight cut and decision to move up, how switching to a new weight class will affect his performance, if he’ll retire with a loss, how he stacks up against Lombard, his advantages and how he sees himself doing against the bigger middleweights, his title aspirations at 185, and more!
– Al Iaquinta returns to Submission Radio to discuss his upcoming trip to Australia and the seminars that he’ll be teaching in Sydney, his current life as a realtor and what it’s been like not to fight, the aftermath after revealing the way in which the UFC treated him prior to UFC 205, his past claims of retirement, potential future talks with the UFC, opponents he’d like to face upon his return, MMA associations and why he feels the UFC needs to take the lead, his thoughts on Bjorn Rebney’s overly aggressive approach, his upcoming blogs, and more!
– Karim Zidan returns to Submission Radio to discuss Fedor Emelianenko’s upcoming fight against Matt Mitrione at Bellator 172, why Fedor’s training and preparation schedule may be concerning this time around, how Fedor’s training camps typically look and what they consist of, what would happen if Fedor lost to Mitrione and if he would retire, how US president Donald Trump may use the UFC as leverage in sports diplomacy, updates on the UFC’s potential future in Russia, the shooting of Rusal Mirzaev over an argument relating to Conor McGregor vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov, and more!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.