This week hosts Kacper Rosolowski and Denis Shkuratov have on the show:
– Mark Hunt returns to Submission Radio to give an update on how he’s doing and talk about his new upcoming book. Mark apologizes for his performance against Stipe Miocic at UFC Fight Night Adelaide where he lost via TKO. The Super Samoan claims that he wasted his fight camp and his performance was in part due to how he handled his weight cut and not loading up on carbs the night before. Hunt also talks about seeing demons throughout his life, including the grim reaper when his father was in hospital, why he decided to write a book, sharing tough stories and reliving them, not wanting to retire yet, the disappointment of not headlining UFC 193 in Melbourne for a title, his first loss in Australia, being open to fighting Alistair Overeem, his clothing line Juggernaut, and more.
– Bobby Lashley makes his first appearance on Submission Radio and talks about his fight against Dan Charles at Bellator 138. Lashley gives his thoughts on the last minute opponent change, James Thompson pulling out due to injury, Bobby not believing that James was really hurt, if he still wants the rematch in the future or if he’d rather pursue other fights, how he matches up against Dan Charles, thoughts on Kimbo Slice vs Ken Shamrock headlining, if he would fight Kimbo, the rumors of TNA iMPACT wrestling being cancelled and going out of business, the injury he sustained during a bank robbery that crushed his Olympic dreams, if he wishes he got into MMA earlier, how hard it is juggling pro wrestling and MMA at the same time, thoughts on guys like Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Shane McMahon and other wrestlers who talked about MMA but never actually did it, his thoughts on NXT, if he’d consider going back to the WWE for one more run, his favourite MMA fighters to watch, and more.
– Gunnar Nelson makes his debut appearance on Submission Radio to talk about his fight against John Hathaway at UFC 189, the feeling of his first loss against Rick story in Sweden, the reasons for his long layoff, losing and regaining the passion to fight again, training in Las Vegas with Conor McGregor and dinking hot whiskey, how good Conor’s ground game really is, if he thinks Conor could submit Jose Aldo, if he thinks Conor adopted his Karate stance from him, why he decided to quit Karate at age 16 when he was so successful and begin training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, John Hathaway’s style and how they match up, avenging Tom Egan, if he’d go down to lightweight, and more.
– Famed pro wrestling and mixed martial arts journalist and analyst Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer newsletter joins Submission Radio for a chat about some of MMA and wrestling’s hottest topics. Dave talks about Jose’s Aldo drug test situation that involved the athletic commission rep being deported, if Alexander Gustafsson was the right decision as the next opponent for Daniel Cormier, if McGregor vs. Aldo can pull the biggest numbers in UFC history, and will Conor still be the same draw if he loses, UFC 193 in Melbourne and if it could be one of the biggest attendances in UFC history and if the UFC will still try for Etihad stadium or will they need to go to Rod Laver Arena. Dave also talks about TNA being cancelling from Destination America and what the latest rumors are, and Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania Texas.
Also on the show is discussion on UFC 188 and such fights as Cain Velasquez vs. Fabricio Werdum, Gilbert Melendez vs. Eddie Alvarez, Kelvin Gastelum vs. Nate Marquardt and many more.
– twitter.com/SubmissionAus ,
– facebook.com/SubmissionRadioAus ,
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.