This week hosts Kacper Rosolowski and Denis Shkuratov have on the show:
– Javier Mendez starts at: [4:34]
– Tweet Kingz starts at: [21:13]
– Jason Parillo starts at: [33:48]
– Bas Rutten starts at: [57:09]
– Luke Thomas starts at: [1:27:38]
– Listener Questions starts at: [1:51:54]
– Bas Rutten returns to Submission Radio to discuss the hot topics in MMA, including the ridiculous rumors of Conor McGregor fighting Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match, why Bas thinks it should never happen and how he sees a potential match up playing out, Chris Weidman getting injured and Michael Bisping stepping in to face Luke Rockhold at UFC 199, Stipe Miocic’s recent win over Werdum and Bas’ theories for why Werdum got caught, if Alistair Overeem is the right man to face Stipe next and if Stipe could beat the Dutchman, CM Punk and the unfortunate injuries that have kept him away from the octagon and if he should pull the plug in the experiment, and lots more.
– Luke Thomas returns to Submission Radio to talk about a wide array of topics, including Chris Weidman’s injury prone history, Michael Bisping finally getting a UFC title shot, if Anderson Silva could be added to the UFC 200 card, the chances of GSP still fighting on UFC 200, his thoughts on UFC 200 as a whole and how it compares to UFC 199, who he thinks should face Stipe Miocic next for the UFC heavyweight title, the aging talent at middleweight and light heavyweight, Robert Whittaker as a middleweight prospect and what’s next for the Aussie, rumors of a potential UFC sale.
– AKA head coach, Javier Mendez, returns to Submission Radio to talk about the recent shake up involving UFC 199 and Michael Bisping stepping in to face champion Luke Rockhold. Javier explains how he first found out about Chris Wiedman’s injury and what could be the cause of the former champion’s frequent setbacks. Mendez also talks about the changes he himself has made in AKA to avoid injuries, if he was happy that Bisping was chosen as Weidman’s replacement, why Bisping is still dangerous despite the short notice, if Daniel Cormier would’ve beaten the Jon Jones that showed up at UFC 197, what will be different in the rematch, the heavyweight title picture and who deserves the next title shot between Alistair Overeem and Cain Velasquez, why he doesn’t consider Stipe Miocic a long-term champion, Cain’s conditioning being a factor against Travis Browne, how Cain would deal with Stipe’s footwork, and more.
– Jason Parillo returns to Submission Radio to talk about his client, Michael Bisping, replacing Chris Weidman at UFC 199 to face Luke Rockhold, Michael finally getting a shot at a UFC title, how the short timeframe will affect Bisping’s performance, the emotional side of Bisping and how Jason has to keep “The Count” in check, Cris Cyborg finally making her UFC debut, the controversial 81-second stoppage against Leslie Smith, who he thinks Cyborg should face next and why it has to be a big name, how many more times Cyborg can make the cut to 140, and more.
Also on the show is the return of “Tweet Kingz” and a segment dedicated to answering listener questions.
– twitter.com/SubmissionAus ,
– facebook.com/SubmissionRadioAus ,
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
« Submission Radio #91 TJ Dillashaw, Stephen Thompson, Ricardo Lamas + UFC 198 Submission Radio #92 Bas Rutten, Luke Thomas, Javier Mendez, Jason Parillo + Fan Questions »