This week’s Guests on the show include:
– Coach Mike Winkeljohn starts at: [4:26]
– Damien Brown starts at: [24:33]
– Pat Miletich starts at: [53:17]
– Richard Perez starts at: [1:24:05]
– UFC Salt Lake City discussion starts at: [1:51:25]
– UFC Welterweight division chat starts at: [2:17:12]
– Suicide Squad and Jason Bourne reviews starts at: [2:38:08]
– Pat Miletich returns to Submission Radio to discuss the current state of the UFC welterweight division, Tyron Woodley knocking out Robbie Lawler to become the new UFC welterweight champion, who’s next for Tyron and the possibilities of Georges St-Pierre and Nick Diaz returning, how a Diaz/Woodley fight would play out, where those fights would put #1 contender Stephen Thompson, what Wonderboy needs to do to get more popular and get pushed, why Pat thinks Nate Diaz will hurt Conor McGregor in their rematch at UFC 202, if Conor McGregor can still have success at welterweight, how training for a 100 mile run affects the body and also the mental barriers that Pat has to overcome, Pat’s new podcast and more!
– Nate Diaz’s boxing coach Richard Perez returns to Submission Radio to talk about the rematch between Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor at UFC 202, the lack of trash talk in the lead up to this fight, Nate’s motivation this time around considering Nate already beat McGregor, his reaction to the bout finally being made and why Nate should be paid more, Nate’s recent media schedule and appearance on Conor O’Brien, Nate’s mindset of always expecting to get knocked out in fights, why Nate felt played by the UFC, the Vegas betting odds and his shock that McGregor is the favourite, how different this camp has been to the one prior to UFC 196, what he’s expecting from Conor and if they’ve brought in sparring partners to emulate McGregor, if he sees this rematch playing out longer than the first fight, Nick Diaz’s potential return and fight against Tyron Woodley, Nick’s claims that he was drugged prior to his fight against GSP, and lots more.
– Coach Mike Winkeljohn returns to Submission Radio to discuss Jon Jones being pulled from UFC 200 and what his reaction was, how the public have reacted and judged Jon, what happens next and if Jon can still come back in his prime, Chael Sonnen’s accusations about Jon hiding under a cage to avoid USADA, Holly Holm’s upset loss to Valentina Shevchenko and what went wrong, if there’s regrets about taking the fight, Holm’s mindset after losing her title and back to back losses, what’s next for Holly and if a fight against Cris Cyborg is out of the question, Mike’s thoughts on the women’s bantamweight division and who deserves the next title shot against Amanda Nunes, Donald Cerrone and if he’ll fight Eddie Alvarez again to become the UFC lightweight champion, and lots more.
– Damien Brown makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to discuss his big KO win at UFC 201, the bread party he had afterwards, his past as a baker, how his first ever training camp affected his performance, his regular job and working at a jail as a prison officer, what people may not know about working in prisons and dealing with inmates, why he was forced to leave the Australian Army, his original goals of simply making it to the UFC and how they’ve recently been updated, why he wants to fight Sage Northcutt next, and lots more.