This week’s Guests on the show include:
– Johny Hendricks starts at: [03:23]
– Tim Kennedy starts at: [28:46]
– Bas Rutten starts at: [44:29]
– Fedor vs. Politicians (Karim Zidan) starts at: [1:11:07]
– Is UFC 206 PPV-worthy? (Mike Dyce) starts at: [1:43:57]
– GSP vs. Bisping starts at: [1:48:13]
– Uriah Faber Retirement starts at: [2:03:43]
– Jack Reacher 2 review starts at: [2:11:30]
– Top 5 Tom Cruise movies starts at: [2:15:56]
– Bas Rutten returns to Submission Radio to breakdown the highly-anticipated fight between Conor McGregor vs. Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205 in New York, who he thinks wins, if the UFC really has the power to make him relinquish his UFC featherweight title belt, how the UFC handled negotiations with Georges St-Pierre and if he’ll eventually fight in the UFC, the massive end-of-year WSOF show at Madison Square Garden, will Justin Gaethje test free agency and sign with the UFC after his next fight, Inside MMA being cancelled, his upcomig movie The River Thief, crazy movie roles and hungover auditions and lots more!
– Tim Kennedy returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Rashad Evans at UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor, what made Tim return to the UFC after his semi-retirement, why he may never fight in the octagon after this fight, his thoughts on the new restructured UFC, his advantages over Rashad Evans and their training history, the current mess in the UFC’s middleweight division, Michael Bisping as champion and him calling out fighters like Dan Henderson and GSP instead of the elite at 185, and lots more.
– Johny Hendricks returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Neil Magny at UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey, what exactly went wrong with his weight cut at UFC 200 and what he’ll do differently this time, how quickly he went from champion to almost retired, the confronting conversation his wife had with him after his last fight, critics and fans that see him as washed up, how he stacks up against Magny, his new mindset and more!
– Karim Zidan (Bloody Elbow) returns to Submission Radio to discuss the recent controversies surrounding Fedor Emelianenko and Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov, Fedor’s criticisms over Kadyrov’s underage children partaking in pro MMA fights, the backlash and threats that followed from Chechen fighter and Kadyrov himself, Fedor’s daughter being attacked and if it was linked, the Kremlin ruling against Kadyrov regarding children fighting in MMA and if it will stick, Kadyrov’s alleged assassination attempt, Fedor’s often-misunderstood relationship with Vladimir Putin and why it’s not what it seams, the rumors surrounding Fedor’s next fight and which promotion it may be for.
– Mike Dyce (Sports Illustrated, Fansided) makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to break down MMA hot topics such as Anthony Pettis vs. Max Holloway being added to UFC 206 and if it makes the card PPV-worthy, if GSP vs. Michael Bisping makes sense and what other fights could headline the PPV, the ongoing saga between GSP and the UFC and if there’s a chance GSP will still fight for the promotion, the recent changes in the company’s structure since the WME-IMG takeover, Urijah Faber announcing he will retire after facing Brad Pickett at UFC 207 and what it means for the UFC bantamweight division. Also, the show caps off with a Jack Reacher 2 review and a roundtable of our top 5 Tom Cruise movies.