This week’s Guests on the show include:
– John Morgan at: [6:10]– Robin Black at: [33:10]– Tommy Toe Hold at: [59:58]– Jake Shields at: [1:02:01]– Dan Hardy at: [1:21:27]– Sean Sheehan, Danny Segura & New York Ric MMA FIFA Announcement: [1:43:08]– Sean, Danny & Ric’s UFC 217 predictions at: [1:57:59]
– Dan Hardy makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to help preview UFC 217: Bisping vs. St-Pierre, specifically the fight between Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre. Having faced GSP in the past, Hardy recalls the experience and what might surprise Bisping when he fights “Rush”, his time sparring against Bisping and who has the edge on the feet, if GSP’s timing and takedowns will still be as effective after the long layoff, if GSP could’ve re-invented himself while away from competition, his mindset and claiming he’ll retire if he loses to Bisping, what GSP’s likely plans are after this fight. Hardy also predicts the fights between Cody Garbrandt vs.TJ Dillashaw and Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Rose Namajunas!
– Robin Black jumps on the program to break down Cody Garbrandt vs.TJ Dillashaw, their comlpex footwork, why Garbrandt had so much success against Dominick Cruz, Dillashaw’s grappling and what he has to do in order to beat Cody. Robin also breaks down Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Rose Namajunas, Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre and talks about his time spent training with GSP and why the concerns over GSP’s lack of speed are unwarranted.
– John Morgan (MMA Junkie) helps break down and predict the big fights from UFC 217, including the hot match-ups on the prelims!
– Tommy Toe Hold interviews “GSP” ahead of his big UFC 217 fight against Michael Bisping.
– Jake Shields returns to Submission Radio to talk about helping Georges St-Pierre prepare for Michael Bisping, if it was weird helping GSP considering they fought in the past, how it came together and Michael Bisping originally wanting Shields to help him, who’s stronger out of GSP and Bisping, how much of a factor GSP’s grappling game will be in the fight, if he expects GSP to target Conor McGregor afterwards, how Conor McGregor’s Jiu Jitsu would stack up against Tony Ferguson’s, his own grappling career, the change from WSOF to PFL, how much longer he wants to keep fighting for, and more!
– Severe MMA’s Sean Sheehan is joined by MMA fighting’s Danny Segura and New York Ric to officially announce the MMA media FIFA championship, give their statements and also give predictions for UFC 217’s three title fights!
« UFC 217 PREVIEW – Dan Hardy, Jake Shields, Robin Black, John Morgan + More (Submission Radio #144) Submission Radio #145 Luke Rockhold, Colby Covington, Cynthia Calvillo, Jonathan Snowden, Sean Sheehan »