This week hosts Kacper Rosolowski and Denis Shkuratov have on the show:
– Yoel Romero makes his first ever appearance on Submission Radio (with his translator) and discusses his fight against Lyoto Machida at UFC Fight Night Machida vs Romero in Florida. Romero talks about what he’s been doing to prepare for the fight, if he’s brought in any karate experts, who his main sparring partners are, the two previous fights against Ronaldo Jacare Souza that fell through, if he’s disappointed that he didn’t get a chance to show off his skills against Jacare, whether he’ll look to take the fight to the ground like Luke Rockhold did against Machida or keep to standing, if he thinks that had he already beaten Jacare he’d be the one getting the next title shot, how much boxing he trains with his cruiserweight boxing champion brother, why he got taken down so much in his fight against Derrick Brunson, if Chris Weidman is beatable, and more.
– Thales Leites returns to Submission Radio to talk about his fight against Michael Bisping at UFC Fight Night Glasgow. The world class BJJ black belt talks about being happy to be having success in the UFC and main-eventing for the first time since his infamous fight against Anderson Silva at UFC 97, being on the first ever UFC card in Scotland, the movie Braveheart, some fun facts about Scotland that include soup and midgets, if he thinks Michael Bisping has slowed down since his eye injury, how he’ll get past Bisping’s volume punches, why the fight won’t go past the third round, Vitor Belfort’s performance at UFC 187, what he thought of Vitor’s ground game once he got taken down by Chris Weidman, who should get the title shot out of Luke Rockhold and Jacare Souza, his coach Andre Pederneiras retiring after Jose Aldo’s fight against Conor McGregor at UFC 189, loch Ness, and heaps more.
– Coach Wink returns to the show to talk about the recent string of wins at Jackson/Winkeljohn’s, Alistair Overeem being a good investment, if Andrei would fight Andrei Arlovski, Alistair and Arlovski’s beef and what happened between them, Andrei Arlovski’s amazing performance and injury at UFC 187, how awkward it was training for former teammate Travis Browne, if the door would still be open if Travis ever decided to come back, Carlos Condit’s brutal win over Thiago Alves, Carlos’ ring rust, Thiago’s toughness, elbows being the next step in MMA evolution, Holly Holm’s next fight and Holly Holm vs. Ronda Rousey, Holly not pulling the trigger against Raquel Pennington, if Holly could fight Ronda in her next fight, if him and Greg Jackson hang out, Jon Jones and the hit & Run situation, the current relationship with Jon and himself in regards to training, if Jon Jones will return, his thoughts on the light heavyweight title belt and if DC is a paper champ, and heaps more.
– Also on the show is discussion on UFC Fight Night New Orleans and such fights as Dan Henderson vs. Tim Boetsch, Ben Rothwell vs. Matt Mitrione, Dustin Poirier vs. Yancy Medeiros, Brian Ortega vs. Thiago Tavares, Brian Ebersole retiring, and many more.
– twitter.com/SubmissionAus ,
– facebook.com/SubmissionRadioAus ,
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.