This week hosts Kacper Rosolowski and Denis Shkuratov have on the show:
– John Kavanagh tickets competition winner announced at: [3:13]
– Joanna Jedrzejczyk starts at: [5:37]
– Artem Lobov starts at: [31:21]
– John Gooden starts at: [54:08]
– Urijah Faber starts at: [1:35:57]
– Simon Head starts at: [1:57:15]
– UFC London aftermath starts at: [1:59:51]
– Bellator 180 talk starts at: [2:16:11]
– UFC New Zealand starts at: [2:26:22]
– Urijah Faber return to Submission Radio to chat about retired life since he wrapped up his legendary career in December, what exciting projects he’s been working on, the rumors of Paige VanZant leaving Team Alpha Male, The Ultimate Fighter: Cody Garbrandt vs. TJ Dillshaw and what the tension on set has been like, the incident where Cody grabbed TJ’s neck, if it’s weird for him to see the two fighting, the infamous footage of Cody knocking out TJ in sparring, his upcoming grappling match at Chael Sonnen’s Submission Underground, if he misses competing in MMA and more!
– Joanna Jedrzejczyk returns to Submission Radio to discuss her upcoming fight against Jessica Andrade at UFC 211 in Dallas, Texas, how Jessica’s hgh pressure style and how she compares to her past opponents like Claudia Gadelha and Valerie Letourneau, what it was like training with her in the past, Jessica’s comments about her having a weak chin, if she feels like she’s almost cleaned out the division, beating Ronda Rousey’s record for most title defenses and taking over her reign as the most dominant female champion, how important it is for her to fight at flyweight and become a dual champion, how much longer she might stick around and continue fighting, and more!
– Artem Lobov makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to discuss his upcoming fight against Cub Swanson, his recent success and how he turned things around, almost leaving the UFC to go fight in Russia, fighters steering their careers to carefully, if he regrets taking such tough fights early in his career, Max Holloway and Jose Aldo and why he never would’ve accepted being handed the belt, taking over for Conor McGregor in the featherwight division, the hard sparring sessions between him and Conor being the toughest fights of his career, McGregor vs Mayweather and why he sees McGregor stopping Mayweather, Gunnar Nelson’s recent win over Alan Jouban, Tyron Woodley’s complaints about racism and not being promoted enough, and lots more!
– John Gooden makes his first appearance on Submission Radio and talks about his commentary gig in the UFC, all the production work he does behind the scenes, what it’s like preparing for an event and how hard it is to unwind for days afterwards, how him and Dan Hardy found their groove as a team, thoughts on the three-man booth at PPV’s, him having to apologize for fighters swearing during broadcasts, Anderson Silva clowning around backstage, Jimi Manuwa’s recent win and callout of David Haye, Brad Pickett’s retirement, if he prefers Lock Stock or Snatch, who would play him, his wife and Dan Hardy in a movie, his Vegan business and more!
– Simon Head joins the roundtable discussion to chat about UFC London, what to do with Jimi Manuwa next in a crowded top-heavy light heavyweight division, Brad Pickett’s retirement and legacy, where Gunnar Nelson’s latest win puts him, Bellator 180: Sonnen vs. Wanderlei being announced for Madison Square Garden, Mark Hunt vs. Derrick Lewis and Dan Kelly vs. Derek Brunson being slated for UFC New Zealand and more!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
« Submission Radio #119 Urijah Faber, Joanna Jedrzejczyk, Artem Lobov, John Gooden, Simon Head Submission Radio #120 (UFC 210 Preview) John Morgan, Luke Thomas, Duane Finley »