This week hosts Kacper Rosolowski and Denis Shkuratov have on the show:
– Chad Mendes talking about his upcoming fight against Ricardo Lamas, how he stacks up against the Bully, Lamas’ strengths and weaknesses, personal thoughts on Ricardo and the Conor McGregor parody video, why he was so happy during the Jose Aldo fight, what he’d do differently in a rematch with Aldo, TJ Dillashaw’s chances against Aldo, if he’s impressed yet with Conor McGregor, Conor’s chances against Aldo, if he would ever go down to Bantamweight, and more.
– Royce Gracie returns to Submission Radio to discuss the evolution in MMA, if the UFC is as real now that there are so many more rules, why point fighting is ruining the sport, Gyms and BJJ schools teaching for competition rather than self defense, his role in the new Scorpion King movie, being on the set with Roy Nelson and Bigfoot Silva, sharing stories with Lou Ferrigno, his fight against the 400lbs+ Akebono in K1, CM Punk coming into MMA, Jon Jones’ failed drug test, his role as a Bellator ambassador, his autobiography, and more.
– Jake Shields talks about his upcoming fight against Rousimar Palhares, if he’s worried about the Brazilian’s leg locks and holding on too long, how he sees the fight going, Jon Fitch’s mistakes against Palhares, a potential fight against Ben Askren, his time so far in WSOF, if he would return to the UFC depite Dana White’s comments, GSP rematch and what he would do differently, Nick Diaz preparing for Anderson Silva, Robbie Lawler as a champ and if he will remain a long term champ like GSP.
– Seth Petruzelli talks about his long career and what led to his retirement, Kimbo Slice’s return to Bellator, the call out, and if he would come out of retirement to fight Kimbo. Seth also talks about how the rematch would go, why Kimbo would call out such a dangerous opponent, what happened backstage after he knocked Kimbo out the first time, the demise of Elite XC, if he knew that the company would crumble, what he’s been doing since retiring and why he’s in such good shape, funny Halloween stories, funny stories from The Ultimate Fighter season 2, and plenty more.
– Also on the show is discussion and a breakdown of UFCon Fox 14, the fights on the card, and what’s next for the fighters.
– twitter.com/SubmissionAus ,
– facebook.com/SubmissionRadioAus ,
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.