This week hosts Kacper Rosolowski and Denis Shkuratov have on the show:
– Mackenzie Dern: [7:34]
– Artem Lobov: [29:55]
– George Sotiropoulos: [50:24]
– Kevin Lee: [1:10:23]
– Robert Whittaker: [1:28:52]
– Elias Cepeda: [1:51:02]
– UFC Middleweight champion Robert Whittaker returns to Submission Radio to discuss his title rematch fight against Yoel Romero at UFC 225: Whittaker vs. Romero 2, Romero’s win over Luke Rockhold at UFC 221, the post-fight antics with Yoel kissing Rockhold, if Whittaker sees improvements in Romero since they first fought, having to withdraw from the Commonwealth games wrestling team, his recent gaming accomplishments, trash talking and trolling opponents online and more!
– Kevin Lee returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Edson Barboza at UFC Atlantic City, the intense but awkward staredown at the Sixers game in Philly, not having an emotional connection to Edson like against Tony Ferguson, the improvements Lee’s made over the last five months, why staph won’t be an issue this time, Khabib Nurmagomedov saying Lee has a “small heart”, wanting to beat Edson worse than Khabib and then wanting Khabib in Russia, Lee’s prediction for Tony Ferguson vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 223, being offered a fight at UFC 223 and more!
– Artem Lobov returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Alex Caceres at UFC 223, how close he was to retiring after the Andre Fili loss, on thinking he was going to be cut from the UFC, receiving big offers from other promotions, how important this fight is for his career, how he matches up against Bruce Leeroy, his undeterred title aspirations in the division, the “Choo Choo Motherfuckers” weigh-in moment, fans calling him The GOAT, if Conor McGregor will be in his corner at UFC 223, his prediction for Tony Ferguson vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov and more!
– Mackenzie Dern makes her first appearance on Submission Radio to reflect on her win at UFC 222 and her upcoming fight at UFC 224 against Amanda Bobby Cooper, Amanda saying she’ll “derail the hype train”, fighting in Brazil, the comparisons to Ronda Rousey, her favourite BJJ accomplishments, where she keeps all of her medals and trophies, being humbled when she first crossed over to MMA, the secret behind BJJ practitioners having success in MMA and more!
– Australian UFC legend and MMA pioneer, George Sotiropoulos makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to reflect on his UFC career, his huge win at UFC 110 and the mainstream media getting behind him, flying the flag for Australia in a time when Aussies weren’t on the big stage, The Ultimate Fighter 6, TUF Smashes and Robert Whittaker, the tough losses he suffered towards the end, his brand new MMA gym and more!
– Elias Cepeda returns to Submission Radio to discuss the aftermath of UFC London, Brad Scott’s UFC pay woes, as well as issue a challenge to fight CM Punk in Chicago!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
« Submission Radio #152 Owen Roddy, Curtis Blaydes, Tai Tuivasa & Tyson Pedro, Dan Hooker, Marc Raimondi Submission Radio #153 Robert Whittaker, Kevin Lee, Artem Lobov, Mackenzie Dern, George Sotiropoulos, Elias Cepeda »