This week hosts Kacper Rosolowski and Denis Shkuratov have on the show:
– Rafael Dos Anjos makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to talk about his recent big win over Anthony Pettis at UFC 185 to become the new UFC lightweight champion. Rafael also talks about his future opponents, such as Khabib Nurmagomedov and Donald Cerrone, who he thinks will win at UFC 187, who he would rather face, being an underdog and winning the belt, the tough losses to Guida, Tibau, and if he thought he would ever be the champion, what he’s worked on and how a rematch against Khabib would play out, the issues he went through in their first fight, Conor McGregor saying he’s going up to lightweight, if Conor is any threat to his belt, prediction for Aldo vs McGregor, weirdest place he’s worn the belt, how his life has changed since winning the title, how his injured knee is feeling, plus more.
– Tim Kennedy returns to Submission Radio to talk about his current status in MMA and if he’s coming back. The former Ranger talks about his call out of Lyoto Machida, the “Loser leaves town” stipulation, Machida’s fight recent against Luke Rockhold, rematching guys like Rockhold and Jacare Souza, Strikeforce guys taking over in the UFC, his feelings towards Yoel Romero and the stoolgate incident, how a fight between Rockhold and Chris Weidman would go and why Luke is a bad match up for Chris, Vitor Belfort after TRT, Anderson Silva’s failed drug test, hunting, catching war criminals, the birth of his son, and more
– Bellator Middleweight Champion Brandon Halsey makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to talk about his fight against Kendall Grove at Bellator 137. The Bull chats about how he first got into MMA, fighting Shonie Carter in only his second pro fight, being undefeated, the night he won the Bellator Middleweight title, beating Alexander Shlemenko in 35 seconds, Shlemenko’s failed drug test and if he would give him a rematch, Kendall Grove as an opponent, why he’ll finish Kendall quickly, his evolution as an MMA fighter, hard sparring session and if it’s the smart way to train, the time him and his wrestling squad almost froze to death, and more.
– Also on the show is discussion on UFC 186 and fights such as Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi, Quinton Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado, Michael Bisping vs. CB Dollaway, John Makdessi, Thomas Almeida, Alexis Davis and more!
– twitter.com/SubmissionAus ,
– facebook.com/SubmissionRadioAus ,
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.