This week hosts Kacper Rosolowski and Denis Shkuratov have on the show:
– Luke Rockhold returns to Submission Radio after his destruction of Lyoto Machida and talks about who he wants to fights next, why he deserves the nest title shot, who wins out of Chris Weidman and Vitor Belfort at UFC 187, who he would rather face, how he matches up against Chris Weidman and why Chris can’t outwrestle him, Vitor Belfort and how he’ll look after coming off TRT, how he’d react if he was offered Jacare Souza instead of a title shot, if he expected to beat Lyoto so quickly, why he was nervous to strike, the success that Strikeforce fighters have had in the UFC, Dana White’s comments on AKA being stuck in the “Stone Ages”, Millionaire Matchmaker, his time in Australia and more.
– Demetrious Johnson makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to talk about his big win over Kyoji Horiguchi, why he decided to go for the armbar in the very last second, how he feels knowing that the record can never be broken, thoughts on the crowd leaving the arena before the fight ended, the criticism he receives as a fighter, trash talk, being more open to the media and promotion, what he thinks of Conor McGregor’s personality and the belt grab in Dublin, a possible rematch with John Dodson, how the second fight would play out, other contenders in the flyweight division, gaming, what happens to his Xbox sponsorship once the Reebok deal kicks in, his favourite Call of Duty game, which video game character he would be, and more.
– Soa Palelei makes his first appearance on Submission Radio and talks about his fight against Antonio Bigfoot Silva at UFC 190, why Bigfoot is not on the downswing of his career, fighting on the same card as Ronda Rousey, Shogun Rua, the Nogueira Brothers, fighting at Pride 28, Japanese fans and crowds, his original run in the UFC and loss to Eddie Sanchez, the journey and streak that led him back to the UFC, thinking that he may never return to the UFC, fighting Bob Sapp, Fedor Emelianenko, his injuries and break between fights, AKA Thailand, his book, inspirational quotes, and more.
-Bloody Elbow’s Associate Editor Karim Zidan makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to discuss the Jon Jones situation, Jones being stripped of the Light Heavyweight title and suspended from the UFC, as well as M-1 Global and Russian MMA. After two recent and adventurous trips to Russia, Zidan tells stories about a fighter who used to be in a cult, fighters arm wrestling fans for tickets to events, his hatred of flying, knight fighting, and more.
– Also on the show is discussion about Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao, the event, the spectacle, if it lived up to the hype, Max Kellerman, and if the right fighter was awarded the decision.
– twitter.com/SubmissionAus ,
– facebook.com/SubmissionRadioAus ,
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
« Submission Radio 26/4/15 Rafael Dos Anjos, Tim Kennedy, Brandon Halsey + UFC 186 Submission Radio #49 Luke Rockhold, Demetrious Johnson, Soa Palelei, Karim Zidan + Jon Jones Mayweather Pacquiao »