This week hosts Kacper Rosolowski and Denis Shkuratov have on the show:
– Don Frye returns to Submission Radio to talk about his upcoming movie projects, classic stories from his fighting career, and his thoughts on some of the recent events in current MMA. The Predator chats about Predator’s Predictions making a comeback and why he decided to make new episodes, Jose Aldo’s rib injury and what it means for UFC 189, what he thinks the UFC should do with Conor McGregor, how bad rib injuries feel, Cain Velasquez’s performance against Fabricio Werdum at UFC 188 and why he doesn’t deserve a rematch, Ken Shamrock vs Kimbo at Bellator 138, Don wanting to fight Kimbo next, money in MMA, the time he was meant to fight in front of rich people in a fancy place but turned out it was a scam, crazy Japanese fans wanting his underwear, chasing guys and punching a hole through a limo window, Jon Jones’ hit and run situation, and more.
– Ken Shamrock appears on Submission Radio to do his first interview since his fight against Kimbo at Bellator 138, and talks about the choke that almost ended the fight, why he wasn’t able to finish the rear naked choke, not throwing any strikes and what the game plan for the fight was, coming into the fight so light, what Kimbo said to him in the clinch, how his body felt during the fight, the accusations of the fight being fixed or fake and Joe Rogan’s comments, if he’ll fight again, his planned bare knuckle boxing fight, possibly fighting his brother Frank Shamrock in Bellator, a third fight against Royce Gracie, his documentary “The Greatest Fight”, and more.
– Dennis Bermudez returns to Submission Radio to talk about his upcoming fight against Jeremy Stephens at the stacked UFC 189. “The Menace” talks about his 8-fight winning streak being snapped by Ricardo Lamas and how tough it was to deal with, the fight fight against Jeremy being do-or-die for him to get his momentum back, training since November 2014, what he does better than Jeremy, his reaction to hearing about Jose Aldo and his rib injury, hoping to fight Conor McGregor if Jose or Chad pull out of the fight, all the wrestlers gunning for Conor, if he thinks Jose’s rib injury will be a factor, power rangers and which one he would be, what he’s been playing on Xbox One and wishing he got a PS4, and lots more.
– Shawn Davies of Submission Radio’s “Technique of the Week” fame makes a quick appearance on the show to talk about his upcoming pro MMA debut at HEX Fight Series 3, and shares a few stories.
Also on the show is discussion about Joe Schilling getting brutally knocked out at Bellator 139, UFC Fight Night Hollywood, and such fights as Lyoto Machida vs. Yoel Romero, Lorenz Larkin vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio, Antônio Carlos Júnior vs. Eddie Gordon, Thiago Santos vs. Steve Bossé.
– twitter.com/SubmissionAus ,
– facebook.com/SubmissionRadioAus ,
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
« Submission Radio 21/6/15 Ben Rothwell, Stipe Miocic, Al Iaquinta + UFC Berlin & Bellator 138 Submission Radio #56 Ken Shamrock, Don Frye, Dennis Bermudez, Shawn Davies + UFC Hollywood »