This week hosts Kacper Rosolowski and Denis Shkuratov have on the show:
– Former world champion Judoka and mother of UFC female Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, Dr. AnnMaria De Mars returns to Submission Radio to talk about her recent trip to Brazil for UFC 190, Ronda’s 34 second demolition of Bethe Correia, why Ronda should’ve and could’ve beaten her even faster, if her comments on finishing the fight as quickly as possible played a part in the length of the fight, Bethe’s comments on Ronda’s father’s suicide and how they affected her, Ronda leaving the UFC championship belt in the Brazilian Judo academy, Ronda’s grandmother watching the Entourage movie, the story behind the term “Do Nothing Bitches”, Ronda’s book, if Ronda would take Cris Cyborg up on a catchweight fight, if Cyborg can be given the benefit of the doubt after failing a drug test in the past, the rematch against Miesha Tate and how it will go, and more.
– Josh Koscheck makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to discuss his recent departure from the UFC, why he chose Bellator, how long he had been planning to leave, feeling like a free man, whether he approached Dana White before he left the company, what it was like leaving after being such a big part of the company for 10 years, the way he was treated in the past, feeling like he was forced to sign an underpaying contract after the Ultimate Fighter, what it would take to start a fighter’s union, his real relationship with GSP and the conversations they had during TUF, his other businesses, the day of the Reebok uniform unveiling, being excited for the Paul Daly rematch, Paul’s pathetic wrestling and how he sees the rematch going, if he plans on fighting for another title, and more.
– Bellator color commentator Jimmy Smith makes his debut on Submission Radio to talk about a variety of subjects, including Fedor’s return to MMA, if he thinks “The Last Emperor” will go to UFC or Bellator, what it was like spending time with Fedor and what kind of person he really is, how Fedor Emelianenko would do in a rematch against Fabricio Werdum, Rousimar Palhares performance against Jake Shields at WSOF 22, the eye gouging and holding on to the Kimura too long, why Jimmy would have no problem with Rousimar being banned from the sport, his own personal MMA career, fight and beating TV personality Jason Chambers, why he decided to hang it up, Bellator 142: Dynamite and his position in commentary, his relationship with Joe Rogan and even having his own mother mistake the two, UFC his voice and Joe’s, and more.
– Ronda Rousey’s coach and trainer Edmond Tarverdyan returns to Submission Radio to talk about Ronda’s recent performance at UFC 190 against Bethe Correia, what improvements Ronda could have made, thoughts on how Ronda’s striking looked, if he’s sick of training Ronda for fights against Miesha Tate, how he sees the rematch going and if Miesha’s improved striking could pose any problems for Ronda, Holly Holm as a possible contender and how Ronda would handle Holly’s lateral movement and distance control, the big fight against Cris Cyborg, if Ronda would meet Cyborg at 140 or 145 because she used to fight heavier in the past, Cyborg’s striking, Floyd Mayweather deciding to fight Andre Berto for his final fight, how close he was to fighting Dennis Hallman on the Ultimate Fighter, and more.
– Also on the show is discussion on UFC Fight Night Nashville and such fights as Glover Teixeira vs Ovince Saint Preux, the controversial Michael Johnson vs Beneil Dariush, Derek Brunson vs Sam Alvey, Jared Rosholt vs TimothyJohnson, Amanda Nunes vs Sara McMann, Ray Borg vs Geane Herrera, Uriah Hall vs Oluwale Bamgbose, and more.
– twitter.com/SubmissionAus ,
– facebook.com/SubmissionRadioAus ,
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
« Submission Radio #61 Josh Koscheck, Edmond Tarverdyan, Dr. AnnMaria De Mars, Jimmy Smith + UFC Nashville Submission Radio #61 Josh Koscheck, Edmond Tarverdyan, Dr AnnMaria De Mars, Jimmy Smith + UFC Nashville »