This week hosts Kacper Rosolowski and Denis Shkuratov have on the show:
– Chris Van Heerden starts at: [3:23]
– Max Holloway starts at: [24:49]
– Ariel Helwani starts at: [45:01]
– Hector Lombard starts at: [1:07:14]
– Gunnar Nelson starts at: [1:29:12]
– Robin Black UFC Vegas Breakdown starts at: [2:03:47]
– X-Men: Apocalypse review starts at: [2:35:33]
– Ariel Helwani makes his first ever and long overdue appearance on Submission Radio to discuss his recent in-depth interview with Nate Diaz, what the UFC should do with the Stockton native, if he should be getting the same treatment as Conor McGregor and Ronda Rousey, what the UFC should do with Conor McGregor next and if the Diaz rematch is the only fight that makes sense, if the UFC will let Conor attempt to hold two belts simultaneously or if it’s not worth their trouble, Colin Cowherd claiming that the McGregor Mayweather fight will happen on September 17th, the new weight cutting rules that come into effect at UFC 200 and if they will put an end to McGregor’s time at featherweight, why collective bargaining would ideally have been implemented when introducing these new rules, the ridiculous rumors behind a potential McGregor vs Mayweather boxing fight, BJ Penn being flagged by USADA and pulled from UFC 199, and lots more.
– Gunnar Nelson returns to Submission Radio to discuss his big win over albert Tumenov, the high pace and high-pressure style that he’s recently been working on, his new training regiment, Tyron Woodley getting the title shot against Robbie Lawler at UFC 201, why he doesn’t think Woodley can beat Lawler and become welterweight champ, who should get the next title shot out of Demian Maia and Stephen Thompson, the rumors of Conor McGregor fighting Floyd Mayweather and if it will happen, why he’d prefer to get rid of gloves in MMA and why he never wraps his hands before a fight, the new weight cutting rules that the UFC have implemented and what it means for his division, snow mobile adventures and the time John Kavanagh thought he was going to die, and plenty more.
– Hector Lombard returns to Submission Radio to talk about his fight against Dan Henderson at UFC 199, the history between him and Dan that dates back to the Team Quest days, why he considers Henderson to be a fake person, Dan talking about retirement for years and never actually doing it, his move back up to middleweight and why he believes he’ll fair better this time, what the brutal weigh cut to welterweight did to his body, getting dizzy when he was landing offence on Neil Magny and how his body failed him, the injuries that kept him on the sidelines for so long, wanting to go all the way up to light heavyweight so he can beat up Tim Boetsch, needing to get some wins in Australia, and more.
– Max Holloway returns to Submission Radio to talk about his fight against Ricardo Lamas at UFC 199, the state of the featherweight division and the UFC title not being defended, Ricardo claiming that his wrestling will be the difference maker, Max’s thoughts on Ricardo’s striking, his winning streak and wanting to fight names like Jose Aldo, Frankie Edgar and Conor McGregor, what fighting in Hawaii would mean to him, his YouTube channel and playing video games on Twitch, and more.
– Chris Van Heerden makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to discuss his recent boxing sparring session with Conor McGregor at Box N Burn gym, what McGregor was doing there in the first place and if he knew who the featherweight champ was, what he took from the session and how he rates McGregor’s skills, McGregor’s chances in a boxing match against Floyd Mayweather, why he still thinks Conor should take the fight, if he’d be interested in training Conor for the fight, how he sees a rematch against Nate Diaz playing out and if Conor has the skills to beat the Stockton native, if they’ll train again in the future, his own career and moving his life from South Africa…
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
« Submission Radio #92 Bas Rutten, Luke Thomas, Javier Mendez, Jason Parillo + Fan Questions Submission Radio #93 Helwani, Gunnar, Lombard, Holloway, Robin Black, Chris Van Heerden + UFC Vegas »