This week hosts Kacper Rosolowski and Denis Shkuratov have on the show:
– Chael Sonnen returns to Submission Radio to discuss Justin Gaethje’s dominant performance at WSOF 29, how Gaethje would do in the UFC against top 10 lightweights, if his exciting style could potentially shorten his career, Conor McGregor losing to Nate Diaz at UFC 196 and what it does for his career, the possibility of Conor losing to Frankie Edgar at UFC 200, Justin Bieber commenting on Nate Diaz’s style and calling it terrible, Miesha Tate choking out Holly Holm, why he believes Holly shouldn’t have taken the fight in the first place and why Holm’s manager doesn’t know what he’s doing, Michael Bisping’s victory over Anderson Silva at UFC London and where that puts “The Spider” in the middleweight division, his grappling match against Bisping at UR Fight, how the match will differ to when the two fought in the UFC, whether or not Chael would ever unretired and return to the UFC and who he would face.
– Gunnar Nelson returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Albert Tumenov at UFC Rotterdam, fighting in Europe as opposed to Las Vegas, what advantages he has over the Russian and if he believes he can outstrike him, how the loss to Demian Maia affected him and what he learned, the reason why he had no energy in the fight, if he feels a big statement win over Tumenov is necessary to get back into title contention, who he thinks should get the next title shot at welterweight, Conor McGregor losing to Nate Diaz at UFC 196, what went wrong for Conor in the fight, the extreme weight cuts Conor will have to endure to stay at featherweight, MMA’s obsession with weight cutting and being bigger in the cage, Deadpool the movie, The Mighty Ducks movies, the Blue Lagoon and more.
– Coach Mike Winkeljohn returns to Submission Radio to discuss Holly Holm’s loss to Miesha Tate and what went wrong in the fight, if he thought Holm would win once she began to dominate in the 5th round, his reaction when Miesha got the choke and if he expected it to end the fight, Dana White’s comments on Holly missing out on a big payday because she didn’t wait for the Ronda Rousey rematch, Nate Diaz potentially getting the next title shot against Robbie Lawler, if Carlos Condit is and closer to returning and who he’d like to face, Jon Jones’ preparation for the Daniel Cormier rematch at UFC 197, DC employing the help of Glory Kickboxer Chi Lewis-Parry, Jones getting in Cormier’s head again, if cage rust will be a factor, Alistair Overeem fighting Andrei Arlovski and who he’ll corner, how training will be split up and how hard it will be to watch both fighters take each other out, the honor of Jackson/Winkeljohn’s being named “2015 gym of the year” and lots more.
– Elias Cepeda of Fox Sports returns to the program to discuss some hot topics in MMA, including Ken Shamrock and Kimbo Slice potentially failing their drug tests from Bellator 149, if Scott Coker should get rid of the two fighters or keep them due to the ratings they bring in, The UFC’s Unstoppable press conference and which fights are the most exciting, if the UFC needs to create new stars, Who Nick Diaz should face upon his return, if UFC 200 is too early for Conor McGregor to return, and what other fights would make sense for the card.
– twitter.com/SubmissionAus ,
– facebook.com/SubmissionRadioAus ,
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.