This week hosts Kacper Rosolowski and Denis Shkuratov have on the show:
– Chad Mendes returns to Submission Radio to talks about his main event fight against Frankie Edgar at The Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale AKA The Ultimate Fighter: Team McGregor vs. Team Faber. “Money” addresses accusations of taking the Conor McGregor fight just to cash a pay check, why only “retards” questions his cardio after going 5 rounds with Jose Aldo, how much the short camp affected his performance against McGregor at UFC 189, why Frankie Edgar has to watch out for his wrestling and knockout power, Frankie Edgar getting screwed out of a title shot, why this fight is important for his legacy, how much he misses TJ Dillashaw since he left Team Alpha Male, how we would do against Conor McGregor in a rematch, stories from Joseph Benavidez’s wedding, his addiction to the Big Buck Hunter arcade game, why the nickname “Mini Mendes” doesn’t actually piss him off, what he loves most about hunting, and more.
– Gunnar Nelson returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Demian Maia at the stacked UFC 194: Aldo vs McGregor. Gunni discusses his time spent in Dublin Ireland for UFC Fight Night, what it was like watching Aisling Daly get the biggest win of her career, the disappointment of not being able to fight in Ireland, Dustin Poirier’s decision not to take a fight on short notice, Las Vegas feeling like a home town crowd, his grappling being better suited to MMA than Demian Maia’s, his striking advantage over the multiple time BJJ champion, visualizing himself submitting Maia, working on new movements and theories, the current issues with weight cuts in MMA, Conor McGregor’s massive weight cut, how much Conor’s ACL injury affected his performance at UFC 189, celebrating in Vegas after his Brandon Thatch win, the dynamic between his and Conor’s friendship.
– Paige VanZant makes her first appearance on Submission Radio and discusses her fight against Rose Namajunas in the main event of Fight Night Las Vegas: Namajunas vs VanZant. Paige talks about the sacrifices she’s made to get to the UFC, her past as a model and dancer, training to be a fighter while her friends were going out and partying, how it feels to have money and be so young and independent, meeting Sage Northcutt and the comparisons to Ken and Barbie, being marketed around her looks, detractors of her and her exclusive Reebok deal, Angela Hill’s comments about her original fight with Joanna Calderwood being lackluster and that she is being groomed by the UFC, the recent switch in opponent to Rose Namajunas, what advantages she has against Rose and what she’s had to change in training camp, how it feels to be main-eventing a card, why she’s always smiling, and much more.
– Elias Cepeda of Fox Sports returns to the show to discuss some of the hot topics in MMA, including Rousimar Palhares’ 2 year suspension and if it was the right call by NSAC, Khabib Nurmagomedov getting injured again and possibly retiring, and also Glory kickboxing being cancelled from Spike TV and if it means the end for the promotion.
– twitter.com/SubmissionAus ,
– facebook.com/SubmissionRadioAus ,
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.