This week hosts Kacper Rosolowski and Denis Shkuratov have on the show:
– Ben Rothwell returns to Submission Radio to talk about his recent big win over Matt Mitrione at UFC New Orleans, the double tap, the robe, the entrance, the evil laugh, Jon Anik and the post fight interview, Fabricio Werdum taking the Heavyweight title from Cain Velasquez at UFC 188 in Mexico, if Ben thinks Altitude was a factor and how a rematch would go, if Werdum’s win opens up the division similar to GSp and the Welterweight division, a possible fight with Andrei Arlovski next, why a rematch with Arlovski would be different, not wanting to return for at least 9 months to a year, possible fights against Junior Dos Santos or Stipe Miocic, his favourite evil genius, his Gym Rothwell MMA, coaching, and more.
– Stipe Miocic returns to Submission Radio to give his thoughts on the UFC heavyweight division in the wake of Fabricio Werdum becoming the new champion and beating Cain Velasquez at UFC 188 in Mexico. Miocic talks about Cain’s performance against Werdum, Cain Velasquez coming back strong, his own chances against Werdum, being upset that Andrei Arlovski might get the title shot before him, the rankings, doing enough to get the shot, UFC Berlin, the UFC going to Croatia, Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers, hotdogs, why he would never become a police officer, and more.
– Al Iaquinta makes his third appearance on Submission Radio to talk about his fight against Gilbert Melendez at UFC Fight Night 71 in San Diego California. Iaquinta talks about what he learned from his controversial win over Jorge Masvidal, his reaction when he found out Bobby Green was injured and Gilbert was going to replace him, why Gilbert is a step up, how the change affects his training, his thoughts on Gilbert’s performance against Eddie Alvarez at UFC 188, if it’s wise of Gil to take fights so close together, how many more times he’d like to fight in 2015, being interested in the New York UFC card or UFC 193 in Melbourne Australia, crowds booing, facial hair, Matt Serra on Energy Drinks, and more.
Also on the show is discussion on UFC Fight Night Berlin, Bellator 138 and such fights as Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Jessica Penne, Dennis Siver vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri, Peter Sobotta vs. Steve Kennedy, Kimbo Slice vs. Ken Shamrock, Patricio Freire vs. Daniel Weichel, Daniel Straus vs. Henry Corrales, Michael Chandler vs. Derek Campos, Bobby Lashley vs. Dan Charles, and many more.
– twitter.com/SubmissionAus ,
– facebook.com/SubmissionRadioAus ,
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
« Submission Radio 14/6/15 Mark Hunt, Bobby Lashley, Gunnar Nelson, Dave Meltzer + UFC 188 Submission Radio #55 Ben Rothwell, Stipe Miocic, Al Iaquinta + UFC Berlin & Bellator 138 »