This week hosts Kacper Rosolowski and Denis Shkuratov have on the show:
– Bas Rutten returns to Submission Radio to talk about the announcement of Conor McGregor vs Rafael Dos Anjos at UFC 197, what he thinks of the match up and how it plays out, how risky it is for Conor to jump between weight classes, McGregor’s power over the UFC and whether they should let him co-promote events with them, Holly Holm taking on Miesha Tate and if Miesha is more dangerous than Ronda Rousey, starting his new podcast with former Pride commentator Mauro Ranallo, what he thought of Rizin’s first show, if fighting competition like Jaideep Singh hurts Fedor’s legacy and reputation, if Alistair Overeem makes the leap to Rizin and fights Fedor or if the UFC hold on to him, and lots more.
– Mark Hunt returns to Submission Radio to talk about his fight against Frank Mir at UFC Fight Night Brisbane, if he has enough time to get into shape, constantly improving at the age of 41, the comparisons to Mir and both of their career resurgences, Frank’s improved striking and recent KO victories, if Frank’s striking will be a threat to him at all, how he feels about the threat of Frank’s ground game, how many fights he’d like to have in 2016 and how soon he envisions another title shot, who deserves the next title shot out of Stipe Miocic and Alistair Overeem, rematches and avenging all of his UFC losses, his favourite Dragon Ball Z character, favourite meal, gaming, his number 1 fan Hassy, thoughts on Jon Jones coming to Heavyweight and much more.
– Former Pride VP and current Rizin Vice President Jerry Millen, makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to talk about Rizin’s debut show in Japan, if he considers it a success, what he’s been doing since the fall of Pride and how he got involved in Rizin, how the Japanese MMA market has changed over the years, whether Rizin would’ve been possible without Fedor Emelianenko, if the goal is to compete with the UFC, his past feud with Dana White, how hard it was to find Fedor an opponent, criticism over Fedor’s level of competition and what the future holds, Wanderlei Silva’s release from the UFC and the possibility of having Fedor vs Wanderlei Silva, Brock Lesnar, if Fedor would ever drop down to light heavyweight or go to the UFC, and lots more.
– Also on the show is discussion on the storylines coming from UFC Fight Night 81, and breakdowns of such fights as TJ Dillashaw vs Dominick Cruz, Anthony Pettis vs Eddie Alvarez, Matt Mitrione vs Travis Browne, Ross Pearson vs Francisco Trinaldo, Tim Boetsch vs Ed Herman, Ilir Latifi vs Sean O’Connell, Patrick Cote vs Ben Saunders and more.
– twitter.com/SubmissionAus ,
– facebook.com/SubmissionRadioAus ,
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
« Submission Radio #79 Bas Rutten, Mark Hunt, Jerry Millen + UFC Boston Submission Radio #80 Urijah Faber, Demetrious Johnson, Stephen Thompson, David St Martin »