This week hosts Kacper Rosolowski and Denis Shkuratov have on the show:
– Bas Rutten makes a return to Submission Radio to talk about his recent UFC Hall of Fame induction, among other things. El Guapo chats about what it was like to enjoy the UFC 189 fight week festivities, hanging out with Don Frye, what it means to be inducted, his relationship with Dana White, Commentating in the UFC, the evolution of the sport since he was champion, Bruce Lee and how he would do in MMA today, Conor McGregor’s win at UFC over Chad Mendes to become the interim featherweight champion, if the fight exposed any holes in Conor’s game, Conor’s straight punches, Chad’s performance, how Conor will do against Jose Aldo, Fedor Emelianenko returning to MMA, if he thinks Fedor can still be a force in today’s heavyweight landscape, a rematch against Fabricio Werdum, Fedor going to 205, Jacob “Stitch” Duran being let go from the UFC, the time he accidentally knocked out a pro wrestler, fighting off your back in a street fight, and lots more!
– Jake Shields returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Rousimar Palhares at World Series of Fighting 22: Palhares vs. Shields. The former UFC title contender talks about Palhares and why he deserves to get hurt, if he thinks there’s any chance that the leg lock related injuries could be an accident, training with Renzo Gracie and John Danaher in New York, defending leg locks, his advantages over the WSOF welterweight champion, if this is the most personal rivalry he’s been involved in, thoughts on Jacob “Stitch” Duran being let go from the UFC, the UFC’s Reebok uniforms and all of the spelling mistakes, his thoughts on Robbie Lawler’s fight against Rory MacDonald at UFC 189 and how he would see a rematch between Lawler and himself going, if he was surprised that Hector Lombard failed his post-fight drug test, his time and experience so far in WSOF, if Nick Diaz will fight again in the UFC, and more.
– Justin Gaethje makes his first ever appearance on Submission Radio to talk about his rematch against Luis Palomino at WSOF 23. The World Series of Fighting Lightweight champion and standout explains why the two are fighting again, who else he’s eyeing in the division, if he feels pressure for the rematch to live up to the classic that was the first fight, what he learned from his victory over Palomino, if he hopes to one day fight in the UFC, lightweights in the UFC that he feels he matches up well with, Donald Cowboy Cerrone’s comments about UFC champion Rafael Dos Anjos being on PEDs, Gilbert Melendez, if he thinks Conor McGregor can be successful at lightweight, backflips, his favourite music, and more.
– Also on the show is discussion about UFC on Fox 16 and fights such as TJ Dillashaw vs Renan Barao 2, Miesha Tate vs Jessica Eye, Edson Barboza vs Paul Felder, Joe Lauzon vs Takanori Gomi, Tom Lawler vs Gian Villante, Jim Miller vs Danny Castillo, Ben Saunders vs Kenny Robertson, Bryan Caraway vs Eddie Wineland, and more.
– twitter.com/SubmissionAus ,
– facebook.com/SubmissionRadioAus ,
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
« Submission Radio #59 Bas Rutten, Jake Shields, Justin Gaethje + UFC on Fox 16 Submission Radio #59 Bas Rutten, Jake Shields, Justin Gaethje + UFC on Fox 16 »