This week’s Guests on the show include:
– Randy Couture returns to Submission Radio to give his thoughts on the latest big topics in MMA, and give and update on his Hollywood career. “The Natural” talks about Conor McGregor knocking out Jose Aldo in 13 seconds, if Aldo deserves a rematch, the Frankie Edgar match up, whether McGregor can hold power over the UFC co-promote with the company, if Conor can realistically hold two title belts simultaneously, the UFC releasing footage of Aldo crying on his locker-room, Ronda Rousey’s KO loss to Holly Holm at UFC 193, if Ronda can make the necessary adjustments to win a rematch, how the UFC handled Miesha Tate’s title shot, his thoughts on fighters attitudes towards retirement, being a part of the fourth Expendables movie, and much more.
– Johny Hendricks returns to Submission Radio to talk about his fight against Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson at UFC 196, convincing the UFC to let him stay at welterweight, working with Louis Giordano to fix his weight issues and what weight he’s walking around at, why he decided to leave Team Takedown, where he’s training now and if he’s looking for a big MMA gym to train with, Stephen Thompson’s striking compared to his past opponents, people constantly doubting his own striking, how close he is to getting another title shot, fighting Tyron Woodley in the future and settling their rivalry, Georges St-Pierre only wanting to return when Johny was meant to move to middleweight, wanting to fight GSP at UFC 200, and lots more.
– Max Holloway makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to talk about his big win over Jeremy Stephens at UFC 194, why it wasn’t one of his typical performances, Jose Aldo getting knocked out in 13 seconds and what it does to his legacy, fighting Frankie Edgar or Conor McGregor next, what a fight against Edgar at UFC Hawaii would mean, avenging BJ Penn’s losses to Frankie, wanting big fights in stadiums, taking on Conor McGregor in Ireland, why he doesn’t believe McGregor really injured his ACL when they fought, having his own Irish fans, potentially fighting Jose Aldo and how the fight would go, and much more.
– Also on the show, Bloody Elbow’s associate editor, Karim Zidan, joins the roundtable discussion to break down UFC Fight Night Orlando, and fights such as Donald Cowboy Cerrone vs Rafael Dos Anjos, Junior Dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem, Nate Diaz vs Michael Johnson, Randa Markos vs Karolina Kowalkiewicz, and what’s next for the winners and losers.
– Karim also shares his insights on the European MMA scene, and what to make of Fedor Emelianenko being signed to fight Jaideep Singh at the Japanese New Year’s event, Rizin Fighting Federation.