This week’s Guests on the show include:
– Mark Hunt returns to Submission Radio to talk about his big fight at UFC 193 against Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva in a rematch of their classic 2013 war. The Super Samoan talks about Bigfoot’s failed post-fight drug test, if he thinks it was an accident or not, fighters who try to get an advantage, how much he really wanted this rematch and how much TRT affected the outcome, Fedor Emelianenko’s return to Mixed Martial Arts, the possibility of Fedor going to the UFC and Mark originally wanting to welcome him in Melbourne, managing his weight better, if he’s really going vegan, how hard it is to actually go vegan or vegetarian, training at AKA Thailand, his clothing line ‘Juggernaut’, and more.
– Urijah Faber returns to Submission Radio to discuss The Ultimate Fighter and what it’s been like coaching opposite Conor McGregor. Urijah talks about the physical confrontations between the two, Conor McGregor not enjoying being manhandled, how a fight between them would go, if it’s frustrated that he doesn’t get to fight Conor at the end of the show, tough weight cuts for him and Conor, what his thoughts are on Conor as a person, the confrontations between Conor and TJ Dillashaw at after parties and media, the possible super-fight between Conor and TJ, when Urijah will fight next, what weightclass and who he’d want to fight, the Pornstar Kleio Valentien claiming that he’s the hottest UFC fighter, Chad Mendes and how he’s doing since his loss at UFC 189, Urijah’s thoughts on Duane Ludwig and the ugly split from Team Alpha Male, why Duane shouldn’t talk about Team Alpha Male fighters anymore, and much more!
– Robert Whittaker makes his first on-show appearance on Submission Radio to talk about his big fight at UFC 193 against Michael Bisping, how he’ll handle the Brit’s trash talk and if he’ll engage in some of his own, if he thinks ‘The Count’ has slowed down since his eye injury, why Bisping is so tough, how he matches up against Bisping and what advantages he has, how it feels to be fighting at such a large and monumental event, flying under the radar, crowd-pleasing, his love for video games and his favourite gaming console, who he thinks will win between Chris Weidman and Luke Rockhold, his over Brad Tavares in Adelaide and how his life has changed since the birth of his son, and more.
– Jason High makes a quick appearance on Submission Radio to give an update on his one year suspension coming to an end, being signed by World Series of Fighting and finding his new home, how hard it was to sit on the shelf for so long, what he did for work during that time, looking back on the incident which saw him shoving the referee after his loss to Rafael Dos Anjos, the double standard of fighters being punished while referees like Steve Mazzagatti remain unpunished, the NSAC mistakenly releasing Jon Jones’ failed cocaine drug test and potentially damaging his reputation, WSOF champion Justin Gaethje and fighting for the title.
– Also on the show is discussion on the announcement that Ronda Rousey will not fight Miesha Tate and instead will be facing Holly Holm at UFC 195, the announcement that UFC 193 will take place at Etihad Stadium and if the UFC can pack 70,000 fans into the venue. Other topics include a breakdown of UFC Fight Night Saskatoon and such fights as Max Holloway vs Charles Oliveira, Neil Magny vs Erick Silva, Patrick Cote vs Josh Burkman, Francisco Trinaldo vs Chad Laprise, Frankie Perez vs Sam Stout and Michael Bisping’s comments following Perez’s retirement, and many more.