This week’s Guests on the show include:
– TJ Dillashaw fresh off his victory over Renan Barao at UFC on FOX 16 returns to Submission Radio to talk about what he thought of his performance, how it feels to have Barao behind him, if Barao needs to move up to Featherweight, Dominick Cruz’s comments on him being a “wannabe” and how when he returns the Bantamweight division can “get back on track”. Dillashaw also discusses Cruz’s comments about his coach Duane Ludwig and saying that he could be Duane’s coach, how a potential fight against Cruz would play out, when TJ sees himself returning, “The Dominator” acting like Conor McGregor and talking trash, what happened to Chad Mendes in the Conor McGregor fight, if he thinks that Chad beats Conor on a full training camp.
– Jake Shields returns to Submission Radio right after his controversial loss to Rousimar Palhares at WSOF 22. Moments after being cleared from hospital, Jake talks about his immediate reaction to the fight, the eye-gouging, how the thumbs to the eye affected his performance, Steve Mazzagatti’s refereeing, the kimura, if he thinks Palhares held the submission on too long, the reactions of Ray Sefo and Ali Abdel-aziz, what he thinks should happen with Rousimar and if he thinks he should be punished or suspended, thoughts on a rematch, and more.
– Alex Chambers makes her first appearance on Submission Radio to discuss her fight against Paige VanZant at UFC 191. “Astro Girl” chats about her background in astrophysics, her experience on The Ultimate Fighter 20, her come-from-behind win against Kailin Curran at UFC Adelaide, her coach telling her that if she didn’t win she’d be out of the UFC, if she was surprised that she was matched up against Paige, being an underdog at UFC 191 and the UFC building up Paige VanZant, training at American Top Team and what she’s been working on, if an army of Terminator robots could potentially take over Australia, filming the UFC commercial in a park at night, and more.
– Coach Mike Winkeljohn returns to Submission Radio to talk about some of his star pupils, including Carlos Condit challenging Rory MacDonald for the Welterweight title, his thoughts on the Lawler/MacDonald matchup that took place at UFC 189, Donald Cowboy Cerrone possibly fighting Rafael Dos Anjos in a rematch for the UFC lightweight title, if he thinks cowboy might fight earlier, if Cowboy has made the necessary improvements and adjustments to not get controlled on the ground, Cerrone’s allegations of RDA being on PEDs, Andrei Arlovski fighting Frank Mir at UFC 191, the advantages of previously training Frank and knowing his game, Mir’s improved boxing and performance against Todd Duffee, Mir’s weight gain and if he is lazy in the gym, Holy Holm and how soon she’ll fight Ronda Rousey, if there’s another side to Holly that we haven’t seen yet, John Dodson having a rematch against Demetrious Johnson at UFC 191 and what the difference will be this time.
– Also on the show is discussion on UFC 190 and fights such as Ronda Rousey vs Bethe Correia, Mauricio Shogun Rua vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Stefan Struve vs Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Bigfoot Silva vs Soa Palelei, Claudia Gadelha vs Jessica Aguilar, Demian Maia vs Neil Magny, Patrick Cummins vs Rafael Cavalcante, and more!