This week’s Guests on the show include:
– Coach Wink at: [5:24]
– Ben Askren at: [27:33]
– Jim Ross at: [42:03]
– Damon Martin at: [1:12:13]
– Brian Ortega’s win over Cub Swanson at: [1:13:18]
– GSP vacating the middleweight belt: [1:17:16]
– Robert Whittaker vs. Luke Rockhold at: [1:23:13]
– Can Francis Ngannou be the next big star?: [1:28:42]
– Robbie Lawler vs. Rafael dos Anjos: [1:36:35]
– The new Star Wars, why Justice League sucked balls: [1:42:36]
– Legendary commentator and WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross returns to Submission Radio to discuss Ronda Rousey going into the WWE, how well JR thinks Ronda can do and if the WWE maybe missed the boat given Rousey’s UFC losses, Brock Lesnar’s future and if he would ever return to the UFC, Jack Swagger making his transition into MMA and signing with Bellator, Swagger’s wrestling credentials and if he’s possibly an even bigger talent than Lesnar, Vince McMahon’s interest in Conor McGregor and how likely it would be to see him in a WWE ring, if Conor would have to make amends with the wrestlers he offended, his brand new book and why he decided to release it now, and more!
– Ben Askren returns to Submission Radio to discuss retired life and why he decided to hang it up, his recent callout of Georges St-Pierre and how serious he is about it, what the appeal is to fight GSP, if beating him would prove that he could’ve been UFC champ all along, GSP’s win over Bisping, how he would see that fight going, his relationship with Dana White and if it would get in the way of the fight happening, Tyron Woodley’s issues with Dana White,if there’s anyone else who could tempt him out of retirement, the injuries he accumulated at the end of his career, his other projects and more!
– Coach Mike Winkeljohn returns to Submission Radio to discuss Cris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm at UFC 219, why the fight took so long to put together, if Holly is getting the money she deserves, the comparisons between this fight and when Holly fought Ronda Rousey, Holly’s response to Cyborg’s trash talk, where Holly is at mentally, her advantages over Cyborg and how the fight will play out, Alistair Overeem’s loss to Francis Ngannou at UFC 218, if Wink was concerned given how brutal the knockout was, if Ngannou can beat Stipe Miocic, the latest on Jon Jones, and more!
– Damon Martin returns to the roundtable to discuss Robert Whittaker vs. Luke Rockhold being set for UFC 221 in Perth, Georges St-Pierre vacating the middleweight title, Brian Ortega’s win over Cub Swanson at UFC Fresno and if he’s ready for a title shot, Robbie Lawler vs. Rafael dos Anjos, as well as the new Star Wars movie!
« Submission Radio #147 Jim Ross, Ben Askren, Coach Wink, Damon Martin UFC 219 PREVIEW – Kenny Florian, Luke Thomas, John Morgan, Javier Mendez, TTTHS »