This week’s Guests on the show include:
– Michael Johnson starts at: [3:47]
– Cris Cyborg starts at: [21:11]
– Nate Jones (Floyd Mayweather’s trainer) starts at: [35:55]
– Sean Sheehan starts at: [1:02:39]
– Bellator 180 Preview at: [1:03:15]
– UFC Oklahoma Preview at: [1:18:50]
– Damon Martin, McGregor/Mayweather Discussion starts at: [1:27:56]
– Nate Jones talks about his role as Floyd Mayweather Jr.s assistant trainer, how he helps Floyd prepare for fights, how the two met in the 90s, the upcoming fight against Conor McGregor, how seriously Floyd is taking Conor as an Opponent, the dangers that Conor presents, what made Floyd interested in the fight to begin with, the negativity from Oscar De La Hoya and the boxing world towards this fight, using MMA to help boxing get back to where it once was, how he sees the fight playing out, and more!
– Cris Cyborg returns to Submission Radio to talk about her fight against Megan Anderson at UFC 214, what it would mean to finally hold the UFC featherweight belt, Germaine de Randamie not wanting to fight her, Germaine claiming Cyborg was a known cheater, respecting the division rankings, which other opponents she was offered, if she was worried the Angela Magana incident would hurt her UFC career, how she sees Megan as an opponent and the fight playing out, her contract expiring in October and she wants to keep fighting in the UFC, and more!
– Michael Johnson makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Justin Gaethje, their back and forth trash talk at the press conference, Justins reckless style and admitting hell get knocked out within his next 10 fights, the lightweight division being wide open with Conor McGregors absence, if Michael believes Conor will return by the end of the year and if an interim belt should be created, his loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov, how close he came to fighting Tony Ferguson at UFC 209, his split from the Blackzilians and training with Henri Hooft, being in training camp during his birthday, and more.
– Sean Sheehan (Severe MMA) returns to the program to preview Bellator 180 and UFC Fight Night: Chiesa vs. Lee.
– Damon Martin (FOX Sports) joins the roundtable discussion to break down everything surrounding Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather.