This week’s Guests on the show include:
– Lorenz Larkin starts at: [3:29]
– Coach Mike Winkeljohn starts at: [27:03]
– Stephen Thompson starts at: [53:01]
– Damon Martin starts at: [1:20:19]
– UFC 212 aftermath at: [1:21:41]
– Jose Aldo’s legacy discussion at: [1:28:39]
– Demetrious Johnson vs. the UFC discussion at: [1:45:32]
– UFC New Zealand preview starts at: [2:04:42]
– Wonder Woman review at: [2:24:06]
– Stephen Thompson returns to Submission Radio to discuss his recent trip to Brazil, Max Holloway beating Jose Aldo, if Frankie Edgar could beat Max Holloway, the controversies from the UFC athletes retreat, seeing Cris Cyborg punch Angela Magana first-hand, the infamous drunk Budweiser speaker, his knee injury and when hes targeting his octagon return, who he wants to face as his next opponent, verbally agreeing to fight Jorge Masvidal, being away from the spotlight after his two title fights, who deserves the next title shot, Demian Maia vs. Tyron Woodley and who would win, Georges St-Pierre possibly returning to welterweight and if he could beat Woodley, what would happen if he had to face his friend GSP for the title, his thoughts on the Power Rangers and the Wonder Woman movies, and more!
– Lorenz Larkin makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to talk about his title fight against Doug Lima at Bellator 180, his reaction to getting the call to finally fight for a world title, the differences between dealing with Dana White and Scott Coker, Demetrious Johnsons current issues with the UFC, having his own sponsors and what its like not to have to wear Reebok anymore, customizing his entrance and being marketed as an individual, Rory MacDonald talking trash and why he wants to shut him up, how he matches up against Lima, growing up as a WWE fan, the Ultimate Warrior, teaching pornstars MMA moves and more!
– Coach Mike Winkeljohn returns to Submission Radio to talk about Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier 2, the trash talk and mental warfare between the two rivals, whether anything will prevent Jon from making it to the fight, Jon openly talking about his partying past and doing cocaine prior to the first fight, if the fight will play out similarly to the first one, what kind of weight Jon is aiming for and if hes still powerlifting, Jimi Manuwa or Alexander Gustafsson as Jons next fight, Jones future heavyweight plans, Holly Holm facing Bethe Correia, Germaine de Randamie refusing to face Cris Cyborg, if Holly Holm would return to featherweight and face Cyborg, Donald Cerrone vs. Robbie Lawler at UFC 213, Derek Brunson vs. Dan Kelly and more!
– Damon Martin (FOX Sports) returns to another roundtable discussion to talk about the aftermath from UFC 212, where Claudia Gadelha sits in the division after her win over Karolina Kowalkiewicz, Max Holloway beating Jose Aldo and what it does to Aldos legacy, how close Holloway is to being the 145-pound GOAT, what McGregors wins does to both men, Demetrious Johnsons frustration with the UFC forcing him to fight TJ Dillashaw, Dana White threatening to fold the flyweight division, UFC New Zealand and more!
« Submission Radio #127 Stephen Thompson, Lorenz Larkin, Coach Wink, Damon Martin Submission Radio #128 Roy Nelson, Tito Ortiz, Alex Volkanovski, John Morgan »