This week’s Guests on the show include:
– Gunnar Nelson starts at: [5:59]
– Robert Whittaker starts at: [35:02]
– Jake Shields starts at: [57:34]
– Luke Rockhold starts at: [1:12:27]
– Damon Martin (FOX Sports) starts at: [1:31:45]
– What’s next for Robert Whittaker at: [1:32:30]
– What’s next for Rose Namajunas at: [1:37:30]
– What’s next for Demetrious Johnson at: [1:43:48]
– Nick Diaz vs. Tyron Woodley at UFC 213? at: [1:55:36]
– Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier at UFC 214? at: [2:03:16]
– Cris Cyborg at UFC 214? at: [2:11:16]
– Cub Swanson vs. Artem Lobov prediction at: [2:16:05]
– Luke Rockhold returns to Submission Radio to talk about his impending octagon return and his knee finally working again, Robert Whittaker’s win over Jacare Souza at UFC on FOX 24, if Rockhold expected Whittaker to come so far in the division, why he wants to face Whittaker and how he sees himself beating the Australian, whether or not he’d want his next fight to be for an interim title, GSP vs. Bisping still not having a set date, if there’s still interest in facing Yoel Romero, being offered Anderson Silva at UFC 212 and why Anderson didn’t accept the fight, wanting to face Fabricio Werdum at heavyweight, how the beef with Fabricio originally started, how he would beat Werdum, how much of a factor the size difference would be and lots more!
– Robert Whittaker returns to Submission Radio to discuss his big KO win over Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza at UFC on FOX 24, if there was anything that surprised him about Jacare, what went through his mind during Jacare’s takedown attempts and when he dropped the Brazilian, how he avoided being starstruck and if he spoke to Jacare backstage afterwards, his thoughts on a possible fight with Luke Rockhold next, if he’d be ready to fight at UFC 213, if he may potentially sit out and wait for a title shot, the current state of the middleweight division and the title being tied up, how important it is for him to eventually get the Michael Bisping fight booked again after it fell through at UFC 193 and more!
– Gunnar Nelson returns to Submission Radio to reflect on his win over Alan Jouban at UFC London and discuss what’s next, the potential fight against Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson, his thoughts on Thompson’s performance against Tyron Woodley at UFC 209, if it gave him confidence that he could beat Wonderboy, Tyron Woodley as a champion and if he could hold the belt long-term, who would win between Tyron Woodley and Demian Maia, where he feels he stands in the division and how important it is for him to climb the rankings, what he learned from the Jouban fight and why he felt different than ever before, his Playstation addiction, playing Call of Duty online and meeting up with gamers in real life, and lots more!
– Jake Shields returns to Submission Radio to discuss his upcoming grappling match against Dillon Danis at Submission Underground 4, his thoughts on Danis’ vocal personality and how it’s rubbed people the wrong way, Marcelo Garcia suspending Danis from his gym and if he feels like the grappling community is picking him, the beef between the two dating back to the infamous UFC 202 pre-fight press conference, why Jake threw coffee at Dillon and if he actually hit him, Dillon’s grappling skills and how he sees himself beating him, his future in MMA and World Series of Fighting, if he’d like to make up for last year and get some more MMA fights this year, and lots more!
– Damon Martin of FOX Sports joins the roundtable to discuss a variety of hot topics, including the UFC on FOX 24 aftermath, Robert Whittaker vs. Jacare Souza, Michelle Waterson vs. Rose Namajunas, Demetrious Johnson vs. Wilson Reis, what’s next for Mighty Mouse and if super fights against Cody Garbrandt or TJ Dillashaw make sense, the low ratings from UFC on FOX 24 and if that will affect Demetrious’ UFC future, Tyron Woodley announcing that he started training camp and who his opponent could be, Jon Jones being offered a fight at UFC 214 and if he should fight Daniel Cormier or take a tune-up fight, rumors of Cris Cyborg fighting at UFC 214, as well as a prediction for Cub Swanson vs. Artem Lobov.