This week’s Guests on the show include:
– John Kavanagh tickets competition winner at: [2:41]
– Tyson Pedro starts at: [5:07]
– Tommy Toe Hold interview starts at: [21:39]
– Stephen Thompson starts at: [51:46]
– Tommy Toe Hold segment starts at: [1:15:46]
– Duane Finley & Hunter Homistek(FloCombat) starts at: [1:17:41]
– Chris Weidman starts at: [1:43:40]
– Damon Martin (FOX Sports) starts at: [2:04:45]
– UFC Fortaleza aftermath starts at:
– Kelvin Gastelum vs. Anderson Silva starts at:
– What to do with Yoel Romero starts at:
– McGregor/Mayweather rumors starts at:
– Chris Weidman makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to talk about his upcoming fight against Gegard Mousasi at UFC 210, how he got over the loss to Yoel Romero at UFC 205, if he sees this as his redemption fight being that it’s also in New York, whether he happy to take on such a tough opponent or if he wanted a tune-up fight, his advantages on the feet and in grappling, why he thinks he’ll break Mousasi, his thoughts on the middleweight division and Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre, if he feels for Yoel Romero, how GSP felt when they trained together and who he thinks will win, if he would ever fight GSP or if the friendship would prohibit that, Counter-Strike and his gaming obsession and his twitch channel, street fights that he was in when he was young, and lots more!
– Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson returns to Submission Radio to discuss and reflect on his loss to Tyron Woodley at UFC 209, what he learned and took away from the fight, why Tyron was able to tag him in the fifth round, if he still believes he can beat Tyron and if he feels like he needs to fight him again to avenge the loss, the criticism him and Tyron received for the performance, if he’s concerned about the UFC being hesitant to book another rematch, the injury that he suffered in the fight, when he would like to fight again and who he sees as a potential opponent, what he thinks it will take get another title shot, GSP potentially re-entering the welterweight division and fighting Tyron, how this fight reflects on his journey an legacy, his outlook on quitting, and more!
– Tyson Pedro returns to Submission Radio to discuss his win over Paul Craig at UFC 209, why he feels like the Scotsman’s intense demeanour was put on, the funny messages he got from fans and trolls, being on the same card as Mark Hunt and Dan Kelly and watching their mixed success, what it was like having Mike Winkeljohn in his corner, if he’ll train at Jackson/Winkejohn’s full-time, his thoughts on the UFC’s thin light heavyweight division and why he doesn’t know any fighters, the holiday he took after the win, his wife’s crazy time in Las Vegas, if he’s interested in fighting on the UFC New Zealand card and more!
– Tommy Toe Hold returns to Submission Radio to not only give his takeaways from UFC Fortaleza, but also discuss his five-year-anniversary of making MMA cartoons! Tommy talks about what it’s been like keeping his identity a secret for so long and if anybody’s ever figured it out, what it’s like explaining what he does for a living to other people, if it was easier to write jokes during the older period of the UFC, what the actual process of putting together content is and if it’s scripted or improv, how difficult it is to keep coming up with original content so frequently, if he ever expected he’d be doing it for so long, some of his favourite moments and videos, his relationship with Dana White and being back on FOX sports, and more!
– Duane Finley and Hunter Homistek of FloCombat stop by to tell some stories from their massive MMA road trip where they visited such gyms as Alliance MMA, Jackson/Winkeljohn’s, Power MMA and others, what it was like sparring with Cub Swanson and having their livers destroyed, Cub’s underrated technical mind and why he could be an analyst like Dominick Cruz, the dynamic between fighters like Cruz, Cat Zingano and Phil Davis, Ryan Bader seeming happier since leaving the UFC, Diego Sanchez’s intensity and the classic interview he gave, Carlos Condit and what the future holds for the Natural Born Killer, what it was like being on the road for so long and more!
– Damon Martin (FOX Sports) returns to discuss the big news of the week, as well as the aftermath of UFC Fortaleza, Edson Barboza’s stunning flying knee knockout over Beneil Dariush and where he belongs amongst the elite lightweights, what’s next for Shogun Rua, the UFC’s bleak light heavyweight division, Vitor Belfort’s KO loss to Kelvin Gastelum and what this means for the aging Phenom, Gastelum vs. Anderson Silva being booked for UFC 212, what to do with Yoel Romero, the rumors of T-Mobile Arena putting a holding date on June 10th for Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather, and more!
« Submission radio with Luke Rockhold, Bas Rutten, Javier Mendez, Dan Kelly, Damon Martin Submission Radio #118 Weidman, Wonderboy, Tyson Pedro, Tommy Toe Hold, Damon Martin, Duane Finley & Hunter Homistek »