This week’s Guests on the show include:
– Julianna Pena starts at: [5:04]
– Dillon Danis starts at: [25:48]
– Bas Rutten starts at: [50:12]
– Damon Martin (Fox Sports) starts at: [1:19:55]
– Ronda Rousey – what’s next? starts at: [1:21:03]
– Mike Goldberg’s UFC farewell starts at: [1:49:03]
– Chris Brown vs. Soulja Boy starts [1:55:20]
– Bas Rutten returns to Submission Radio to discuss Ronda Rousey’s loss at Amanda Nunes at UFC 207, what went wrong for her and how this affects her Hollywood career, the pressure that she put on herself and how difficult it is to deal with, if her days as an elite fighter are over, why her coach Edmond Tarverdyan may not be to blame, what kind of improvements she needs to make in order to find success again. Also, Bas discusses what Ronda’s loss does for Conor McGregor, if he expects more shenanigans between him and the UFC in 2017, Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson, entering the new year calling fights, funny stories from PRIDE, his appearance on Kevin James’ show “Kevin Can Wait” and lots more!
– Julianna Pena returns to Submission Radio to discuss her upcoming fight against Valentina Shevchenko at UFC on FOX 23, why she took the fight instead of waiting for the winner of Ronda Rousey and Amanda Nunes, backstage politics and her frustration with not getting a title shot, Ronda Rousey’s loss at UFC 207, why Edmond Tarverdyan is not to blame, if she’s disappointed that she may not be able to fight Ronda and settle beef, her obsession with Valentina Shevchenko, how she stacks up against the 17-time Muay Thai champion, getting the opportunity to headline a FOX card, and more!
– Dillon Danis returns to Submission Radio to discuss his cryptic tweet regarding UFC London, what this means for his UFC debut, the negotiations he’s had with other MMA promotions, his conversations with Dana White about future plans, Jon Jones wanting to face him in a grappling match and calling his antics “douchey”, believing that Jon Jones is afraid because he knows Dillon would beat him, Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson and who he thinks will end up facing teammate Conor McGregor, his old feud with Khabib from back in the day, Khabib’s grappling and why he would be a dream fight, how he sees Conor McGregor vs. Khabib playing out, his upcoming match against AJ Azagarm at Chael Sonnen’s Submission Underground 3, and more!
– Damon Martin (Fox Sports) returns to the Submission Radio roundtable to discuss the aftermath from UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey and Ronda Rousey’s brutal loss to Amanda Nunes, what’s next for her and if she can still compete with the UFC’s bantamweight elite, her career in Hollywood and if she’s likely to return to MMA, what improvements she needs to make and whether a new training camp is the answer, how this loss affects her legacy and more. Also, Damon weighs in on the UFC letting Mike Goldberg without paying tribute to his almost 20-year run, as well as a breakdown of Chris Brown vs. Soulja Boy!
– facebook.com/SubmissionRadioAus ,
« Submission radio end of year – John Morgan, Robin Black, Tommy Toe Hold, Elias Cepeda, Sean Sheehan Submission Radio #110 Bas Rutten, Julianna Pena, Dillon Danis, Damon Martin »