This week’s Guests on the show include:
– Owen Roddy starts at: [4:24] – Tony Ferguson starts at: [31:16] – Matt Morea (Tie Guy) starts at: [50:16] – Jason Parillo starts at: [1:00:43] – Stephen Thompson starts at: [1:27:42] – Simon Head starts at: [1:50:24] – Will Brooks vs. Alex Oliveria discussion starts at: [1:52:22] – John Lineker vs. John Dodson discussion starts at: [2:03:09] – UFC 204 Preview starts at: [2:11:42] – Jeremy Botter starts at: [2:33:07] – UFC 205/Jose Aldo discussion starts at: [2:35:25]
– Stephen Wonderboy Thompson returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Tyron Woodley at UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor, where he was and how he found out that he finally got the welterweight title shot, what it was like coming face to face at the UFC 205 press conference and what he saw in Tyron’s eyes, his dad and Tyron going at it on twitter, Woodley claiming that his humbleness is fake and that he doesn’t respect him as a man, overcoming Tyron’s wrestling, how he sees himself beating Tyron, being on the same card as New York Middleweight Chris Weidman and stealing Weidman’s belt, who he’l give the next title shot to and lots more!
– Tony Ferguson returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Rafael dos Anjos, what a win does for him in the crowded UFC lightweight division, his thoughts on Conor McGregor challenging Eddie Alvarez for the lightweight title at UFC 205, who he thinks wins, why super fights don’t interest him, how he plans on beating the former UFC lightweight champion, if he thinks the KO loss to Alvarez will play a factor in dos Anjos’ mind, why he believes Michael Johnson will expose Khabib Nurmagomedov, if he wants to rematch Micheal Johnson and avenge his loss, building his brand new training facility, why he doesn’t want any labels owning him, his reflection on his fight against Lando Vannata, what it means to him to fight in Mexico City and lots more!
– Conor McGregor’s longtime striking coach and former Cage Contender champion Owen Roddy speaks to Submission Radio about the fight between Conor McGregor and Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor in New York, when he found out about the bout and why it took so long to announce, the rumors of Conor’s leg injury, if there was pressure to face Jose Aldo instead and Jose requesting his UFC release, how he thinks Alvarez handled Conor’s verbal attack and mental warfare at the UFC 205 press conference, Alvarez compared to Conor’s past opponents, overcoming Eddie’s wrestling, the difference in training Conor for Alvarez as opposed to Diaz, why he doesn’t believe the fight will last long, McGregor at lightweight and if he’ll ever go back down to featherweight and more!
– Jason Parillo returns to Submission Radio to talk about Michael Bisping fighting Dan Henderson at UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson 2 how he keeps Michael from getting too emotional in the fight, training Michael while he’s filming another movie, Cris Cyborg’s win over Lina Lansberg and the brutal weight cut to 140, Jason’s concerns over how the cut affects Cyborg’s performance and if he would like to see a women’s 145lb division added, Dana White saying Ronda Rousey 100% wants Cris Cyborg, if there’s an expiration date on the super fight and lots more!
– Matt Morea AKA The Tie Guy from the UFC 205 press conference makes a fun appearance to reflect on the question that shook up the press conference and the events surrounding it.
– Simon Head helps break down UFC Fight Night: Lineker vs. Dodson and previews UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson 2.
– Jeremy Botter discusses UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor, what he thinks of the fight finally coming together and why it took so long to announce, McGregor getting the lightweight title shot and if it warrants not rematching Jose Aldo for the featherweight belt, Aldo’s request for release from the UFC and alleged retirement, if the UFC can afford to release the former featherweight king, the behind the scenes relationship between Conor McGregor and Dana White, how he sees the fight between Conor McGregor and Eddie Alvarez going, who the better trash talker is out of Chael Sonnen and Conor McGregor and more!