This week’s Guests on the show include:
– Dan Kelly starts at: [3:27]
– Coach Mike Winkeljohn starts at: [17:34]
– Robert Whittaker starts at: [42:44]
– Tito Ortiz starts at: [58:38]
– UFC Brasilia discussion starts at: [1:17:16]
– Cris Cyborg discussion starts at: [1:31:55]
– UFC 205 discussion starts at: [1:44:27]
– Tito Ortiz returns to Submission Radio to discuss Chael Sonnen moving to Bellator and calling him out, the college wrestling match that sparked the rivalry between the two, Chael’s trash talk, what Tito thinks of Chael’s career, Sonnen’s history with banned substances and if Tito has any concerns without the Bellator presence of USADA, the date that Tito wants to fight Chael, how the two match up stylistically, fishing and more!
– Robert Whittaker returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Derek Brunson at UFC Melbourne AKA UFC Fight Night: Rockhold vs. Souza 2, the rumors of him originally fighting Anderson Silva, Brunson’s victory over Uriah Hall, why he knew he would get Brunson next, getting another tough opponent with not much name value, how he feels about fighting in Australia again as opposed to overseas, Brunson’s knockout power and why Whittaker isn’t concerned, not main-eventing the Melbourne card, Rob’s thoughts on Luke Rockhold, video games, and more!
– Coach Mike Winkeljohn returns to Submission Radio to talk about Donald Cerrone taking on Kelvin Gastelum at UFC 205 in New York, Cowboy’s improvements since moving to welterweight, how the team feels about Cowboy taking so many last-minute fights, if he expects Cowboy to challenge for the welterweight title, Jon Jones wanting to fight Stipe Miocic and how Wink sees the fight playing out, Jones’ chances against other heavyweights, Alistair Overeem’s knockout loss to Stipe Miocic at UFC 203, the gameplan and what went wrong in the fight, Overeem claiming Stipe tapped to the guillotine and Joe Rogan refusing to interview concussed fighters anymore, fighters having memory loss and how bad Overeem’s concussion was post-fight, Carlos Condit’s head space in the Demian Maia fight, if Condit will fight again, Travis Browne recently losing again to Fabricio Werdum and what coach Wink thinks of Travis’ evolution since leaving Jackson/Winkeljohn’s, if he would accept him back at the gym, and lots more!
– Dan Kelly returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Chris Camozzi at UFC Melbourne, fighters calling him out because they see him as an easy fight, how he stacks up against Camozzi, his experience at the Rio Olympic games, Egyptian Judoka Islam El-Shahabi not shaking hands with Israeli Or Sasson, why he would never want to see professional MMA in the Olympics, and lots more.
– Damon Martin (Fox Sports) makes his debut on Submission Radio to discuss UFC Brasilia and fights such as Roy Nelson vs. Antonio Bigfoot Silva, if Bigfoot should continue fighting after another devastating loss, Roy Nelson kicking referee Big John McCarthy after a controversial stoppage, Renan Barao beating Phillipe Nover and what to make of his performance, Cris Cyborg being put through another agonizing weight cut to make 140 lbs, how the UFC can go about bringing in a 145lbs women’s division and why it should give up on Cyborg ever making 135 lbs, the victory over Lina Lansberg and what’s next for Cyborg. Also, Damon discusses UFC 205 and the way the card is shaping up amidst the debacle between the UFC, Conor McGregor, Eddie Alvarez and Khabib Nurmagomedov, and if the card is strong enough without an added main event.